Tuesday, 21 February 2017

New Years In a Regional Park Hut at Big Bay


Big Bay 

What did You do For New Years? I thought I would share my New Years with more

beautiful NZ scenic photos of my stay in a beach Regional Park council hut at a local beach "Big Bay"

I spent 2 nights at the beach and what a way to see in the New Years.

This is just another of NZs untouched beaches that is a little off the grid  unless you are up for a lengthy walk or have a boat. Location Hauraki Gulf further around the coast from Martins Bay and close to the entrance to the Mahurangi River.

View From Hut Deck


The hut  has most of the mod cons all except a bathroom really so if you can handle dealing with a long drop and you don't mind going with out a shower it is a great way to relax for a couple of days.

You can walk, fish , snorkel , swim, kayak, go boating, or just relax under a big pohutukawa in the shade and read a book its up to you. NZ summer holidays for me don't get better than this. I lived on the beach in my childhood and I love the beach now.



New Years Beach Bar


I was with a family group so in the evenings we enjoyed a BBQ and wine on the small deck at the front of  the hut overlooking what became from late afternoons, a very private beach.

The beach itself in beautiful, the sand great for making sand castles we discovered and the water perfect for all tide swimming. For this reason we saw a handful of  boats large and small of which  come in to anchor and check out the beach.


I hope everyone had a good start to the year the months are already flying past.
Hope you like the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment